Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Knitting Adventures

I've been doing a lot of knitting this week.

First I made a washcloth from Mason Dixon Knitting.


When laid flat it's shaped like a hexagon.

It has a  drawstring around the edges (I made mine with i cord) and can be closed up. You can put soap inside of it. I thought it was pretty nifty and could help save soap.

Then I finished the Trilobite hat from Knitty.





It was my first time knitting from a somewhat complicated cabling chart, but I think I did pretty well, huh?

While knitting the Trilobite hat, I realized that knitting with a cat can be a bit of an issue.

Neko loves yarn.


Especially when it's being knit.


I put the yarn in the basket to stop it from rolling on the floor. Neko  likes yarn and baskets.


Eventually, there wasn't any yarn in the basket. Just one happy cat!




I've also finished a long scarf like Knives from Scott Pilgrim and I'm making a duplicate male version in different colors. Pictures to come soon. I also made a giant rag ball and plan on making a rug from it.

Giant rag ball! Hopefully it will make a giant rug!






No comments:

Post a Comment