Monday, January 7, 2013

The Year Started with a Bout of Insanity

So it takes creating a new blog from scratch for me to get any thing resembling excitement out of it. So here it is, another reincarnation of the same thing. I'm hoping not to abandon this one because it is the home of what is sure to be a 365 day odyssey through an insanely detailed and ambitious list of new year's resolutions. A list where I vowed not to eat french fries or second helpings for an entire year. Where I decided that writing three pages a day was a good idea. Where I challenge myself to knit and collage or paint a project every month and to exercise weekly. Looking at it now, all I can think is what was I thinking? I thought I'd share the initial insanity with the world as well as what I hope to be the trials and tribulations to follow.

Here is the list of my resolutions for all of your schadenfreude needs:


New Years Resolutions 2013
Work out More
  • Jump rope or cardio at least twice a week
  • Ab work out at least twice a week
  • Walk at least a mile at least once a week

    Eat Healthier
  • Cut down on cheese and dairy
  • Replace unhealthy foods with healthier ones
  • Choose a side besides fries
  • Use Smaller Plates
  • No Seconds
  • Drink more water
    Read More
  • Read at least 30 minutes on week nights
  • Read a book a month

      Write More
  • Write 750 words a day on 750words.com
  • write at least a poem a month

      Wake up Earlier
  • Stop using the snooze button
  • Eat breakfast and drink coffee before leaving the house
  • Pack lunch before leaving
  • Drink water at work
  • Lay clothes out the night before
      Spend less time online
  • Limit of one hour per day on frivolous websites
    Be more creative
  • Knit more:
    • complete one project per month
  • Paint/ collage:
    • complete one project per month
  • Set up my front bedroom to be a craft room.
    Be more positive
  • work on “happy book”
  • Write positive notes to self
  • Negate negative thoughts with positive ones
  • No negative comments about appearance- if you slip up fix it with a positive statement or rephrase it. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for the person you have become! You have always been my heart and I have loved you since the second I found out I was pregnant with you!!! I'm so glad to see you have to have positive thoughts about yourself and I hope you realize the wonderful person you are. I love love love your sense of humor (you get that from me)!! I am amazed by how truly smart your are! I'm proud of how strong willed and ambitous you can be! You are a fabulous daughter Melissa Lynn Garner and I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete