Friday, February 1, 2013

Month One Review



    Well the first month of 2013 is done. I definitely haven't been perfect, but I feel like I've made a lot of strides and I feel like the upcoming months will be even better.

    Work out More
    • Jump rope or cardio at least twice a week
    • Ab work out at least twice a week
    • Walk at least a mile at least once a week
      I've joined a gym with my mom, and we work out every morning at 5:30. So I think by default all of these are a definite yes. I've taken a few classes, done some elliptical workouts and even faced the horror that is weights workouts. I've learned that I really hate weights, but I like crunches and Zumba and I can tolerate the elliptical.
    Eat Healthier
  • Cut down on cheese and dairy- I was successful in going the whole month of January without adding any cheese or cooking with cheese, I also ordered every meal out to eat without cheese. I'm going to celebrate with Super Bowl snacks and home made pizza and then work on only eating cheese once or twice a week.
  • Replace unhealthy foods with healthier ones- I've done pretty well on this, my goal for next month will be to cut down on processed food and eat more natural veggies and whole wheat.
  • Choose a side besides fries- I have been doing really awesome on this. I haven't ordered fries as a side all month. Cheddars has awesome steamed broccoli and the Rookery has amazing pasta salad by the way.
  • Use Smaller Plates - I've been doing well on this too, except the time I ate a whole package of Boca fake chicken nuggets. Oops.
    No Seconds- Same as above.
  • Drink more water- I started out going well on this one, I was carrying a big glass of water to work. I will admit that I've done much better about drinking water than I have done in the past, but I still let my camel instincts take over.
    Read More
  • Read at least 30 minutes on week nights- OK. In the beginning, this one was really hard. I started out trying to finally finish Richard Dawkin's The God Delusion, and I guess it just didn't really pique my interest. I bought John Dies at the End for a book club and I haven't been able to put it down. I don't read 30 minutes every day (oh I found out week nights are terrible for me), but I make up for it by reading for 2 to 3 hours at a time. Seriously awesome book. I feel like I can start thinking of myself as a reader again. I can't wait to finish it and start another.

    Read a book a month- I read about 100 pages of the God Delusion and I've read all but 100 pages of John Dies at the End, so I consider this one a success. 



      Write More
  • Write 750 words a day on 750words.com I did at least 750 words a day for 12 out of 31 days in January, not perfect, but definitely better than the 0 days I wrote in November and December.
  • write at least a poem a month Done. But I can't share it here now because it's a Valentine's present (that's gag inducing I know)

      Wake up Earlier
  • Stop using the snooze button This one's been so so, but even with the snooze button, I'm getting up by 5:30
  • Eat breakfast and drink coffee before leaving the house OK I've done really bad at this one, in fact I forgot about it. I guess I'll do better next month. It's a really nice idea, isn't it?
  • Pack lunch before leaving I've been eating small containers of leftovers or grab and go lunches all month. So... success!
  • Drink water at work Like I said before, I've been doing much better about this one.
  • Lay clothes out the night before I do need to get better about this one, but I haven't had a problem with trying to pick out clothes making me late. I usually get a good idea of what I want to wear the night before. 
      Spend less time online
  • Limit of one hour per day on frivolous websites I've done all right on this one. For the most part it's been pretty good. I've realized that I waste time when I'm waiting for one thing to end and another to start (like my Starbucks time between jobs) or when I'm in a bad mood. But, for the most part, I've been finding better things to do than waste time online or I've been using my online time more wisely. 
    Be more creative
  • Knit more:
    • complete one project per month Done! It's a very disappointing scarf. But it's still a finished project.
  • Paint/ collage:
    • complete one project per month 3/4 done! I'm counting my Valentine's gift project as an art project even if it 's not a painting or a collage, but I can't say too much more about it here yet. I have some old paintings I've done in my closet, but haven't got them out to look at them. I'm kind of scared honestly. I'm looking for a good place to buy magazines cheap. Does anyone know of one? They can be old, of course,  since they're just for collages. I also need to take note of Hobby Lobby's canvas sales.
  • Set up my front bedroom to be a craft room. I'm still debating on how to do this and whether or not I'd really use it. Hmmmm. I guess if I made it look really neat, I'd go in there. Maybe when I get more artwork done (wink wink nudge nudge).
    Be more positive
  • work on “happy book” Since my little inspiration book is mostly collage, I'm having the same lack of old magazines challenge as I was for my collages. 
  • Write positive notes to self I've actually done this a few times.
  • Negate negative thoughts with positive ones
  • No negative comments about appearance- if you slip up fix it with a positive statement or rephrase it.  These last two are going to be the hardest by far. I know that this will take multiple months. I have been doing better, but as I've gotten caught up in other goals, I've totally forgot to work on altering my thinking. I hope to post more progress notes on this next month.

    So that's my month in review. It's not  perfect, but I feel like I'm definitely making progress towards incorporating all of these goals into my life. I'm looking forward to posting my February progress. Hopefully I'll post some cool craft, book, or food posts this month so look out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment